Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Who You Callin' Crazy?!


Some people have said that I've cornered the market on crazy...especially when it comes to me and my bike. I don't quite get it. Doesn't everyone have a bike? And if they don't, don't they want one? Doesn't riding a bicycle bring back memories of a childhood full of freedom and innocence, when the world wasn't so hectic and when we didn't have so many responsibilities, when we found delight in the littlest of things, when everyone was our friend, when we shared our most prized possessions, when we smiled and laughed and played? Who doesn't want that? Who really wants to be an "adult" 100% of the time? So when people call me crazy for my bike fettish I say, "Oh yeah, well, you can just go work your 90 hour week and I'll go lose myself in an hour of bike riding a day and actually enjoy my life." Really, who's the crazy one?

3 comments:

XANA-DIVA-DELUX said...

You know my motto biker babe, SKATE-R-DIE! I know what you mean, gosh I get in so much trouble because my job doesn't bring in a lot of money, I mean if you just forgo the boob jobs and stuff you can totally live on nothing. It's so much better to live out your passions. By the way can you do that move?

XANA-DIVA-DELUX said...

If so, you would make a great skater. I have an opening for lessons in August of 2011. Just let me know. Oh, but then we would have to wait until the following winter. Sorry.

heidiho said...

there is comfort in Queen.